[Xastir] NOS maps with Xastir

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 1 22:54:59 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:21:48PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <conolly at ieee.org> flavor, containing:
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to read a NOS map from SoftChart into Xastir.  I am
> currently using Xastir 1.4.2, with GDAL support compiled in (GDAL
> version 1.2.4.0).

[...]

While it may be true that GDAL has drivers for this type of map, it is
currently not fully used by xastir.  GDAL support is only preliminary,
and is limited to certain OGR vector data types --- no GDAL raster handling is
implemented yet.

You might try using gdal_translate to convert your maps into a format that
xastir does use, such as geotiff.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
  worth the effort." -- Norton Juster