[Xastir] Map Chooser Won't Reindex All Maps

Keith Kaiser keith.kaiser at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:44:51 EDT 2005

This is very peculiar.
 System - Mac OS/x Tiger (10.4.1)
Xastir - V1.5.1
 No matter how many times I tell Xastir to Reindex All Maps (RAM) it does
not work. I have emptied the maps folder and put just one map in it, in a
GIS folder. After doing a RAM, the Map Chooser shows various files including
a GPS folder and an Online folder both of which have maps showing in them
that do not exist anywhere on my machine
 What I've done;
1) I have checked permissions on all xastir related files and folders ...
they are all correct as far as I know what they should be, maybe another Mac
user can send me what his say.
2) I have reinstalled Xastir
3) I have reinstalled all the files in /sw/share/xastir
4) I have done every Mac related trick I know including repairing disk
permissions ... multiple times
5) I have checked for duplicate Xastir files, found none including invisible
ones
 All other Xastir functions work fine this is the only thing I can't get to
work. Please be kind when you respond I'm not a Unix guru so if you say
something like touch a file... give me the entry so I know what that is. Oh,
I did touch Xastir in a number of place, it didn't help.
 Any idea guys?

--
YIS/YIV
Keith D Kaiser -- Venturing Roundtable Commissioner