[Xastir] New Install - Program will not start

WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Sat Jun 4 22:37:05 EDT 2005

Here's what happens when I try to start Xastir.  Can anyone tell me what
I need to fix?  New to Linux and cannot figure it out.

Thanks,

Duffy

LAPTOP:~# xastir &
[1] 13824
LAPTOP:~#

Built-in map types:
    gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
     map   APRSdos Maps
     map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
     pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
     geo   Image Map (ImageMagick library, many formats allowed)
     geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
     shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
     xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
xastir: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgdal.so.1: undefined symbol:
TIFFGetConfiguredCODECs
LAPTOP:~#