[Xastir] New Install - Program will not start

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jun 5 04:29:34 EDT 2005

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, WB8NUT wrote:

> Here's what happens when I try to start Xastir.  Can anyone tell me what I
> need to fix?  New to Linux and cannot figure it out.

> xastir: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgdal.so.1: undefined symbol:
> TIFFGetConfiguredCODECs

Looks to me like the version of libtiff that gdal was compiled
against doesn't match the version that you're trying to link to when
Xastir runs.

You could try either reconfiguring Xastir without GDAL support or
you could try to recompile libgdal with either it's own private TIFF
library (if that's possible, can't remember anymore) or recompile
libgdal to use the installed version of libtiff.

If it were me I'd try to reconfigure without GDAL for now, compile a
version of Xastir that you can run (and perhaps rename it in the
/usr/local/bin directory so that it won't get overwritten), then
work on getting the GDAL problem fixed.  You can even do the "make"
without the "make install" step later, then just try running the
"src/xastir" binary as a test.  Once you can get a good compile that
runs, do the "make install" step and it'll put it in the normal
place.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer