[Xastir] xastir resetting path in D700

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 6 12:42:02 EDT 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Bruce, KQ4TV wrote:

> I have xastir 1.4.2 loaded on my Mac iBook and will occasionally hook
> it up to my D700 if I am driving to on of my digis to do some
> maintenance.
> Twice my wife complained that my location was not showing/updating
> properly on findu and when I looked at the PATH on the D700 it showed
> RELAY,WIDE. I am sure I changed it to WIDE2-2 before I started sing the
> iBook with the D700. This weekend I went out again with my iBook
> connected to the D700 and again after disconnecting I find the PATH on
> the D700 changed to RELAY,WIDE. I checked both the tnc-startup.d700 and
> tnc-stop.d700 and do not see anything in there about path setting. How
> is this being set and how can I change it?

Check your Interface->Properties settings for that particular
interface in Xastir.  You might have set it in there.  If the path
settings are all blank in there then Xastir uses hard-coded path
settings.  You might need to update your Xastir to make it use a
more modern path setting in that case.  Or, just put in at least one
path (out of the three) that has the path you like and it will
override the hard-coded value.