[Xastir] xastir resetting path in D700

Bruce, KQ4TV xastir at bwm.us
Mon Jun 6 13:20:42 EDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 11:42 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Bruce, KQ4TV wrote:
>
>> I have xastir 1.4.2 loaded on my Mac iBook and will occasionally hook
>> it up to my D700 if I am driving to on of my digis to do some
>> maintenance.
>> Twice my wife complained that my location was not showing/updating
>> properly on findu and when I looked at the PATH on the D700 it showed
>> RELAY,WIDE. I am sure I changed it to WIDE2-2 before I started sing
>> the
>> iBook with the D700. This weekend I went out again with my iBook
>> connected to the D700 and again after disconnecting I find the PATH on
>> the D700 changed to RELAY,WIDE. I checked both the tnc-startup.d700
>> and
>> tnc-stop.d700 and do not see anything in there about path setting. How
>> is this being set and how can I change it?
>
> Check your Interface->Properties settings for that particular
> interface in Xastir.  You might have set it in there.  If the path
> settings are all blank in there then Xastir uses hard-coded path
> settings.  You might need to update your Xastir to make it use a
> more modern path setting in that case.  Or, just put in at least one
> path (out of the three) that has the path you like and it will
> override the hard-coded value.

I had WIDE2-2 set for Path 1 and it still set RELAY,WIDE as the path.

When are the different Path 1, Path 2, Path 3 used?
I filled in all of the paths with Path 1 = WIDE1-1, Path 2 = WIDE2-1,
and Path 3 = WIDE2-2 but when I logged out it reset the path to
RELAY,WIDE on the D700.

I will try to do a CVS update tonight and see what happens.

Bruce, KQ4TV