[Xastir] Compile question

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Mar 9 16:38:20 EST 2005

> I have Xastir on 2 computers running on MEPIS

Yes - you can compile Xastir on one system and move the executable to the other.  You only
need the compile environment on one system.

Having said that, if it was me, I'd blow away the Mepis partition on the laptop.   Dual
boot systems are a pain.  Regardless what you're doing - half your system resources
aren't being used.   It's only a matter of time until something in the partition table messes
up and the whole system is buggered.

One nice clean familar comfortable system, be it windows or Linux, is better then a
system where it's always bouncing back and forth between different OS's.

Cygwin/Xastir is adequate for your system.   I have a Compaq Presario that's got half
the disk, ram and cpu of your laptop and it makes a decent Win98 system.   The only
time it chokes is when it comes to compiling Xastir...  :)

Cygwin is "adequate" when you need Linux tools on the laptop.

Bill