[Xastir] Map Intensity

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Mar 9 20:30:03 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 05:59:11PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jewen at shaw.ca> flavor, containing:
> How does the map intensity setting work?
>
> I have an orthoimage with road vector data and a WinAPRS map overlaid on top.
>
> I'd like to set the intensity of the WinAPRS map layer so that the orthoimage would be able to show through the filled areas of the WinAPRS map. I'd like the filled area to simply tint the orthoimage.
>
> If I play with the map intensity, I only change the intensity of the orthoimage, and do not affect the vector or WinAPRS layers. Is there a way to set the intensity value of each layer? Would it be something that could be added as a property in map properties?

Map intensity only adjusts raster layers.  Filled polygon layers are rendered
directly by X calls, and only in the case of shapefile polygons is xastir
set up to use translucent fills at the moment (selectable through dbfawk
rules).

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."