[Xastir] knoppix qemu

Bruce, KQ4TV xastir at bwm.us
Thu Mar 17 10:21:30 EST 2005

I love the idea of a bootable CD with xastir on it.
Assuming that a group of people that get together and use this kind of
resource (SAR, Marathon, etc.) would be networked together on a private
TCP/IP subnet (192.168.0.x, 10.0.0.x) would it be posible to define an
online file (similar to tigermap.geo) but it has an IP address or URL
for a local server that is running a web server and has the Tiger 2003
or 2004 map files or some other map files so that every one in the
group draws from the same set of maps and you don't have to duplicate
them around to each machine.
I am thinking you could have a separate file with a different URL for
different kinds of maps (APRSdos, MacAPRS, Tiger, GPS shapes of trails
and routes, etc.)

Does this make sense?
Is it already being done and I just missed the discussion?

Bruce, KQ4TV