[Xastir] knoppix qemu

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Mar 17 10:35:36 EST 2005

On Mar 17, 2005, at 9:21 AM, Bruce, KQ4TV wrote:

> Assuming that a group of people that get together and use this kind of
> resource (SAR, Marathon, etc.) would be networked together on a
> private TCP/IP subnet (192.168.0.x, 10.0.0.x)

A running IP network and a functioning server is a bit complicated.  I
don't know if there's such an animal as a private TIGER server.

That's why I specified a bootable DVD.  I can get the 2004 TIGER
shapefiles for Alabama plus a large set of the National Atlas and NOAA
shapefiles in about 1.1Gb.  Moving from CD to DVD gets you about 4Gb of
space to stuff with maps.  4Gb may not be all that much in terms of
bitmaps, but it's a lot of vector data.

-Jason
kg4wsv