[Xastir] Uh-oh

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Mar 23 10:12:22 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:53:18AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jewen at shaw.ca> flavor, containing:
> Did I do something silly, or is there a problem in the source code? I did a cvs update, and then tried to run:
>
> xastir &
>
> Built-in map types:
>       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
>        map   APRSdos Maps
>        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
>        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps
>
> Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
>        geo   Image Map (ImageMagick library, many formats allowed)
>        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
>        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
>        tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
>        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
> assertion "codecs == NULL" failed: file "/usr/src/tiff/tiff-3.7.0beta2/libtiff/tif_compress.c", line 258

I have seen this when xastir is linked with gdal that has been compiled
on cygwin with external tiff libraries.  I remember that you were working
on getting gdal working --- do you still have it installed?  If so,
get rid of it (there is no make uninstall command, so you have to hunt down
all its little bits and rm them) and reconfigure/rebuild xastir without
it.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
  worth the effort." -- Norton Juster