[Xastir] Upgrade to Suse 9.2

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 27 00:07:06 EST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Bennett, Joe wrote:

> OK, so this is the problem with having a product that
> works like a hose. I forget how I installed it.
>
> When I do a ./configure it is not seeing ImageMagick:
> WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:
> Building w/o ImageMagick support. ***
>
> I have ImageMagick, ImageMagick-devel,
> ImageMagick-Magick++, ImageMagick-Magick++-devel and
> perl-perlMagick... I have also looked through the CDs
> and the DVDs and have not found an rpm that looks
> relevant to the "ImageMagick-lib" naming convention...
> I also checked a friends machine (Suse 9.2) and for
> what I've searched, we have the same packages
> installed and he is working fine........
>
> What am I missing??????

You're probably running into an ImageMagick packaging problem, where
Magick-config doesn't tell Xastir about required libraries for that
particular compile of ImageMagick, therefore the test that Xastir's
configure does to see if a simple program can be compiled fails.

Check your config.log, make.log, whatever file to see what the true
problem is.  It's most likely a library that ImageMagick is
dependent on that was not listed in the .spec file for the
ImageMagick RPM.  It's a common problem.

If that's what it is, report that problem back to SuSE.  If they
never hear about it, more people will have trouble with it in the
future.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer