[Xastir] Xastir 1.5.0 on a Knoppix Debian install help !!

Nick Kartsioukas change-xastir at nightwind.net
Wed May 11 20:51:54 EDT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 09:40:19PM +0930, Tony Hunt wrote:
> I am trying to get 1.5.0 going with a Knoppix install.. Its a full HD
> install of Knoppix which is in effect a Debian install .. It allready has
> the 1.4.1 release running on it which came with the Knoppix install..
>
> What do I really need to do here ?? I am a real newby to Linux .. I have
> been waiting for a new stable release before jumping as I thought it would
> be relativly easy to upgrade as compared to trying to run up the 1.4.2
> TESTING versions..
> I must be missing something.

You'll likely have to wait for someone to get a binary package build into
the Debian package sources.  As far as apt-get is concerned, 1.4.1 is the
latest version, as that's all it sees.  You can remove the xastir package
and download and build the source manually, or just wait a bit.

--
Nick Kartsioukas 	|  KF6UZB
change at nightwind.net	|  NK2694