[Xastir] Snapshot query.

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Mon Aug 28 07:17:54 EDT 2006

On Aug 28, 2006, at 3:16 AM, John Ronan wrote:

> Looking at them today, there doesn't seem to be any record of the
> 'mobile' stations on the map :( so I'm confused... what are snapshots
> for?

xastir creates xnapshot.png, then in X minutes (depends on configure -
 > timing -> snapshot interval) it creates a new snapshot.png.

If you want a series of snapshots to give some sort of history,
you'll have to copy snapshot.png to somewhere useful.

Here's one way to do it.  It assumes you're using bash as your shell
(if you're running linux or a non-ancient OS X, you most likely
are).  Open a terminal window and:

mkdir snapshots-go-here
x=10000
while [ 1 ]; do
	if [ -f .xastir/tmp/snapshot.png ]; then
		mv .xastir/tmp/snapshot.png snapshots-go-here/snapshot-${x}.png
		x=$(($x + 1))
	fi
	sleep 30
done

This bit o' code assumes that the snapshots are more than 30 seconds
apart.

With a little work this could probably be modified to put a timestamp
in the filename, but it''s a little early for me to fire that off the
cuff and get it right. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv