[Xastir] Upgrading Xastir?

KC7ZRU kc7zru at kc7zru.net
Tue Aug 29 21:24:07 EDT 2006

Hasan,

Personally, I use this method...

$cd ~ <enter> [Make sure I'm in my own home directory]
$cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xastir
login <enter> [Yes, that's all one line]
$ cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous at xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xastir co -P
xastir <enter> [Another 'one liner']

OK, now you're setup and have the current source tree in ~/xastir

Now you can:
$cd xastir <enter>
$./bootstrap.sh <enter>
$./configure <enter>
$make <enter>
$su <enter> [give password for 'root' and <enter>]
#make install <enter>

Now, in the future, to upgrade, just:
$cd ~/xastir <enter>
$cvs update <enter>
$./configure <enter>
$make <enter>
$su <enter> give password for 'root'
#make install <enter>

If you look in the ~/xastir/scripts directory, there's an
'update-xastir' script. On my systems, I've added that to root's crontab
  [crontab -u root -e <enter>]so it fires off every night (along with
fcc-get).

Apologies if this is a repeat - I haven't yet read all the replies.

73