[Xastir] Inquiry on "main.c"

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Fri Dec 29 17:14:57 EST 2006

I have been brushing up on my C skills and so I was venturing into
the source folder for Xastir. When I looked in the main.c I
immediately started wondering. I see a number of options which can be
configured by un-commenting some lines and recompiling. Is there a
reason why these are not available as options via the Configure menu?
I suppose some might be easier to code based on changing only at
compile-time, but some might be useful to be altered on the fly.

Here is one example in which I have some interest:
> // Yet another useful item:  Puts the mouse menu on button 1 instead
> // of button3.  Useful for one-button devices like touchscreens.
> //
> //#define SWAP_MOUSE_BUTTONS

I had also once looked at modifying the WMSRadar.geo file to match
what we are actually seeing (TRANSPARENT 0x000000) and commit it to
the CVS repository, but I couldn't get it to work. Can that be done
from the anonymous setup that I've been using, or do I have to
register and get a username/password?

Thanks,

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn