[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.06 Boostrap

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Fri Nov 3 23:54:02 EST 2006

Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> There seems to be a lot of buzz around Ubuntu on this list lately.

Yes, and this isn't only place that Ubuntu is buzzing.

> We
> really need to add something to the official wiki on how to build this
> from scratch including dependencies etc. and eventually I would like to
> see .deb builds to include the latest.....

I'm working on that now.

> I'd be willing to test and help out, I may be even able to host a
> repository on my webserver if my host allows it, I'm pretty sure that
> won't be a problem as it's just http protocol. If someone has an
> accurate listing of what packages need to be installed on a bare Ubuntu
> box and what kind of pitfalls etc. I can start testing on my end in a
> vmachine and attempt to get a deb pkg setup.

Go for it, as my friend Fly would say. Check out this:

http://info.aprs.net/wikka.php?wakka=GaleWilkinson

I followed those instructions, and think I have a good compile, now I'm
dealing with some runtime issues.

> I'm a total newbie at all this, but want to learn and contribute if I
> can :)

Welcome to the battle. :)

73
--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)