[Xastir] Interface glitch

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Mon Nov 6 16:24:29 EST 2006

I got my antenna back up, interfaced the radio to the tnc, and my aprs
station is back on the air! But I encountered some weirdness along the way.

I selected interface/add/serial-tnc, set my parameters, clicked add and
the interface box reappeared, with no buttons. So I closed it with "x",
reopened interface, and there was my selection on the list, I
highlighted it, clicked on start, and nothing happened, but the buttons
disappeared again. After waiting a couple of minutes, I tried to close
it with "x" and it didn't respond. And the Xastir window wouldn't
respond either. So I killed Xastir from the cli with CTR-Z.

I restarted Xastir, but the PID was still running, and I had to kill
that with Top. Restarted Xastir, opened up my interface, switched from
ttyS0 to ttys1, closed the box, and again no buttons to start the
interface, so I 'x" it, reopened it, highlighted my interface, clicked
start, and bingo, we were up and running.

No longer a problem for me, now that my interface is configured, but I
thought I would send a heads up about it.
--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)