[Xastir] suse gdal

Jay Hurt n0xvb at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 22:26:04 EST 2006

>From: Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org>
>To: Jay Hurt <n0xvb at hotmail.com>, xastir at xastir.org
>Subject: Re: [Xastir] Xastir Wiki
>Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 05:56:46 -0700
>
>But I see now that it's your version of GEOS generating the errors.  Can't
>help
>you there.  You might try updating that before trying a more recent GDAL.
>You will need a more recent GDAL than 1.3.0, but that won't help if you
>still
>have a version of GEOS installed that has headers that won't compile with
>your compiler.

Tom,
Well, I download gdal 1.3.2 and re-compiled with the same errors.  I did it
again with the flag --with-geos=no and it went fine with no errors.  I had
downloaded and installed the geos rpm from www.gdf-hannover.de.  I don't
think I had the matching geos-devel package so I'm going to try that out
too.

Jay
73 de N0XVB