[Xastir] suse gdal

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Nov 10 23:45:02 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 08:26:04PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n0xvb at hotmail.com> flavor, containing:
> >From: Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org>
> >To: Jay Hurt <n0xvb at hotmail.com>, xastir at xastir.org
> >Subject: Re: [Xastir] Xastir Wiki
> >Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 05:56:46 -0700
> >
> >But I see now that it's your version of GEOS generating the errors.  Can't
> >help
> >you there.  You might try updating that before trying a more recent GDAL.
> >You will need a more recent GDAL than 1.3.0, but that won't help if you
> >still
> >have a version of GEOS installed that has headers that won't compile with
> >your compiler.
> >

> Tom,
> Well, I download gdal 1.3.2 and re-compiled with the same errors.  I did it
> again with the flag --with-geos=no and it went fine with no errors.

Yep.  The errors you reported were all in GEOS headers, so you'd either
need to compile without geos or with a more up-to-date geos.

> I had
> downloaded and installed the geos rpm from www.gdf-hannover.de.  I don't
> think I had the matching geos-devel package so I'm going to try that out
> too.

Geos is a fairly simple package to build from source.  Try downloading it from
http://geos.refractions.net

It has no external library dependencies, and so should not be a real pain
to build and install.

The version of geos I have is 2.2.3, and it did not have the kinds of
problems in the geom.h header that you reported (overqualified class
members).  So your RPM must be older than that.