[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.10 Bootstrap error

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 17 10:26:24 EST 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Tom Russo wrote:

> This whole thing is a pain, and makes me think that the convenience of
> get-maptools.sh is not so convenient --- this is much easier to do by hand
> than to hack the script.

For what it's worth, I'm _again_ trying to get an Linux Standard
Base (LSB) build of Xastir going, but it won't help non-Linux users.

If I can get a minimum install done I'll try a maximum install, then
a bunch of this library stuff can be avoided, at least by one class
of users.  People will be able to install a few binary RPM's and be
up and running on _any_ Linux system that is LSB-3.0 compliant.

If I can get Lesstif-LSB to compile I'll move on to Xastir-LSB.
There's no support under LSB for Motif, so I have to do it in this
order.  I even found a nice Intel article explaining how to compile
Lesstif under LSB and still have never successfully gotten it to
compile.

If anyone has experience compiling under LSB and can help, let me
know.  I've tried to do this a couple of times in the past and
gotten frustrated.  I can't stand letting the computer get the best
of me so here I am trying it again.