[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.10 Bootstrap error

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Fri Nov 17 12:17:23 EST 2006

> For what it's worth, I'm _again_ trying to get an Linux Standard
> Base (LSB) build of Xastir going, but it won't help non-Linux users.
>
> If I can get a minimum install done I'll try a maximum install, then
> a bunch of this library stuff can be avoided, at least by one class
> of users.  People will be able to install a few binary RPM's and be
> up and running on _any_ Linux system that is LSB-3.0 compliant.
>
> If I can get Lesstif-LSB to compile I'll move on to Xastir-LSB.
> There's no support under LSB for Motif, so I have to do it in this
> order.  I even found a nice Intel article explaining how to compile
> Lesstif under LSB and still have never successfully gotten it to
> compile.
>
> If anyone has experience compiling under LSB and can help, let me
> know.  I've tried to do this a couple of times in the past and
> gotten frustrated.  I can't stand letting the computer get the best
> of me so here I am trying it again.
Can't help you there Curt, I've no experience with it.  I might have
a look at it next week though... just in case I have some inspiration :)

The Ubuntu Boot CD seems to boot ok, I've not got any maps on it
except the default world map that is now part of it (nice touch!)

I use pretty much what Tom has outlined in the Wiki, just adapted for
making the LiveCD.
All the sources are in /home/admin.  I only did a 'make clean' to
claim some space back before burning the CD.  The sources are owned
by "root" because of the install process. I'll see if I can fix that
later on.

I still didn't make an Icon on the Desktop, what can I say but I'm lazy.

Its uploading at the moment, it'll be another 20 mins or so before
its up and ready for download.
http://ireland.aprs2.net/xastir/ubuntu-custom6.10xastir1.8.5.iso.
I'll hopefully get a chance to show it off this weekend in the
mountains (on an excercise)

Comments welcome.

Regards
John