[Xastir] V1.8.4 Stable crashing on Fedora Core 6, View windows unusual

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Nov 26 01:25:40 EST 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Bill Bird wrote:

> I'd like to next try Xastir V1.8.2 which I had been using on FC3 for a long
> time.  (On a long shot I tried running the V1.8.2 executable on my FC6 machine
> but had a library error so it did not start)

Just snag an earlier version of sources and compile on the new
system.  When you compile from sources it ends up matching the
versions of libraries that you have on the system.  If you snag a
binary from another system, you may or may not have a perfect match
with the libraries on the new system.

The LSB stuff I'm working on is intended to relieve that somewhat by
the way:  If you have a binary set up for LSB-3.0, then it should
run on any system that claims to be LSB-3.0 compliant.  We may still
need to release an LSB-3.0 and an LSB-3.1 binary though, I really
don't know yet on that one.  If we're real lucky we'll be able to
compile to the older spec and have it work on newer ones also.

> Is there any special way of doing the configure, make, and make install with
> Xastir V1.8.2 knowing that I already have done the same on this computer but
> with V1.8.4?

Nope.  Just start at the ./configure step, or the ./bootstrap step
as usual.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer