[Xastir] Off topic - force gcc 3.2.2 on FC5

Tate - kc7zru kc7zru at kc7zru.net
Sat Oct 21 19:23:26 EDT 2006

Hey all,

Here's the scoop. Fedora Core 5, gcc 4.1 installed, but have all the 322
'compatability' stuff installed. Least near as I can tell I do.

Need to compile an older app, fails miserably using 4.1. This app used
to compile faultlessly under RH 7.3 through 9.

I remember mplayer used to have a ./configure option that'd force the
compatability compile using the 3.2 stuff under 4.1. I need to find the
command line option for the ./configure script. Was something like
-gcc=322, but that exact one didn't work.

Anyone have a suggestion that might help me out here? Either a similar
./configure option or how to alter the make files to force the 3.2
compat compile.

What's at stake: Using an open source option (my preference) instead of
a closed source alternative that's known to work on FC5.

Thanks!