[Xastir] Ubuntu/CVS/Game plan

Stephen Brown Jr stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 19:02:38 EST 2006

Darryl,
    I had a real time installing the latest CVS build under Ubuntu 6.06 but
I did get it working. There were countless libraries and other things I had
to change in order to get it working, unfortunately I did so much I can't
remember half of what I did. There is an alternative solution if all you
care about is running the latest version of Xastir, there is a way to
install it from Edgy's repositories. I found a tool called prevu on the
Ubuntu forums that essentially allows you to backport applications from Edgy
to Dapper. I did this lastnight and it worked flawlessly. The latest version
is sitting the Edgy repositories(1.8.2)

If your interested in building completely from source, I can dig up the
emails I have with solutions to some of the problems I had and I'll try and
help as best as I can. I would eventually like to see this built as a .deb
package specifically for Ubuntu complete with dependencies etc.