[Xastir] Fishers Island Mystery

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 18 13:34:28 EDT 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Chip G. wrote:

> Actually what I'm seeing is a disappearing island. At a higher zoom
> level I can see Fishers Island, at a lower zoom level it disappears
> (roads, airports, parts, boundaries, everything). When I zoom way
> down (so I can't see anything of CT, only FI, it's still gone). I
> never have on the map grid, so I know nothing of any grid bugs.

You didn't mention having any maps turned on, or which maps, so I
wasn't sure which bug you were exercising.

Turn on the map grid (Map menu), then select one of the UTM or MGRS
coordinate systems (File->Configure menu).  Pan right or left of
that UTM major grid line and see how it works.

What maps are you using?