[Xastir] Changes for 640 wide screens.

Dick C. Reichenbach dreichen at columbus.rr.com
Thu Sep 28 01:27:58 EDT 2006

I had some problems with the status line being too long for my screen
and not being able to see the end of it, so I made some small changes to
the code to print the status line on 2 lines.  It's in main.c and just
uncomment this line:

// #define USE_TWO_STATUS_LINES

(to uncomment a line, delete the 2 forward slashes)  This line is
currently at line 248 of main.c, but that will probably change in the
future.  After uncommenting the line, recompile.  If you uncomment the
line and then at a later date do a 'cvs update', CVS is smart enough to
update the file and leave this line uncommented.

If you read through the whole section near where this line is there are
3 other options for 640x480 screens.  To enable all 4 options, just
uncomment one line,  //#define LCD640x480TOUCH

Here's a link to a screenshot showing the new layout.
http://www.buckeyebeemers.org/gallery/xastir.jpg

This particular computer is a Xbox that has Xebian installed on it. It's
a software hack, not the hardware one.  Although some people have
claimed to have gotten the Xbox to run in a higher resolution than
640x480, it's never worked for me.  I've always figured that it was a
lack of memory problem.  Xastir runs in the meager 64 Meg of physical
ram that the Xbox has.

If someone wants to move this screenshot over to the screenshots
website, that's fine.

Thanks,
Dick R. - KC8OBZ