[Xastir] Administrative Note

Chuck Byam kg4ijb at xastir.org
Thu Apr 12 16:50:40 EDT 2007

Due to recent problems with the Wiki, I have made several changes that will
affect everyone that uses this resource.  No user will be able to
create/edit without having their email address validated and their
permissions changed to allow this.  Unfortunately, there are over 100
accounts in the database and I have no way of knowing which are ³valid²
users.  Users with validated email accounts can create ³talk² but they
cannot add or edit current pages.  If you are inclined to contribute to the
wiki (add pages), you will need to contact one of the wiki sysops to have
your permissions changed to permit this.  Much of this goes against my
belief of having an open living document, but alas, this is the world we
live in.

If you need assistance having your email validated contact one of the
sysops.  The link is:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/Special:Confirmemail

I¹ve also installed an improved search facility that uses AJAX calls.  Check
it out if you get a chance.

The current sysops are:

Curt Mills, WE7U
Tom Russo, KM5VY