[Xastir] Stable release timing?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 16 11:56:15 EDT 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Rick Green wrote:

> The process of producing an Ubuntu release begins by snapshotting the
> Debian Unstable repository, which will happen automatically until June
> 21st, which is declared the 'Debian Import Freeze'

I saw the other comments.  I _kind'a_ agree with the comment that we
shouldn't target any given OS release, but then we're usually a bit
slack in actually getting out the stable releases so I'm pushing for
those constantly as well.  In other words, I'm split on my feelings
here.

In reality, it doesn't much matter.  I posted a couple or so weeks
back that I wanted to dump out the next stable release, plus I asked
for the latest language translations to be submitted.  We have the
latest German and English translations in CVS now.  I haven't heard
from any other translators.  That won't stop the release, but it'd
be nice if they were as up-to-date as possible.

I also mentioned that Tom Russo had found a bug that he or I will
try to solve soon, hopefully before we put out the next stable
release.  Right now that's what I'm waiting for.

So...  Both Tom and I have been very busy.  Anyone else willing to
do a bit of debugging is welcome to contact either of us for
specifics on the problem we're seeing.  If someone else can beat us
to a bug-fix, we won't mind at all.  ;-)

As far as the release goes, I can push it out in 1/2 hour or less.