[Xastir] Making better looking maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Aug 9 14:59:05 EDT 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Brad Douglas wrote:

> BTW, I tried loading up 30' contours into Xastir.  Bad idea. ;-)

Doesn't that depend on the size of the area you're looking at?  If
I'm on a SAR mission I might want 30' contours for a smallish area.
If driving or other uses, probably not.

One thing to remember though, 30' contours can hide a 30' cliff.
80' contours can hide an 80' cliff.  _Maybe_ if we had 10' contours
we'd be fairly safe carefully examining an area and then sending SAR
personnel into it in the dark.