[Xastir] Xastir and serial port issues

vic ke4lkq at doramefa.us
Tue Dec 4 10:00:12 EST 2007

Make sure that minicom is set right.  Read the man pages for minicom.  Google a howto on minicom.  You have to set minicom to the baud rate your using, the serial port your using and some other parameters. Yes there is a way to check the settings. type minicom -s return and you should see the present settings for everythin.

Whenever I use minicom I check the settings.  It defaults to port 1 and sometimes to some other strange settings.

Start minicom as root to set the settings and follow the setup instructions in the man pages.

That way you have elimiated a potential problem getting the info from the com port you want to use in a readable format.

hope this helps.  If your still having trouble give me a private message and I'll walk you through it from my terminal.

73 de k4xtt...

vic <ke4lkq at doramefa.us>