[Xastir] Xastir and serial port issues

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net
Tue Dec 4 10:04:31 EST 2007

Hi, Vic......

Thanks much for the note.  I have been using the minicom -s from the
root and have the manual for minicom.   As you said, when it first came
up, it have the modem as the default, but I changed it to /dev/ttyS0 and
now, with Craig's echo command, I can see the Kantronics banner heading
in minicom.

My immediate worry is testing Xastir with the Garmin Rinos today --
tomorrow, I will work on Xastir and the Kantronics TNC again.

Thanks for your help and interest..... It is really nice to find such a
helpful community of people.

Later......... jt