[Xastir] dbfawk & fills

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Dec 13 22:20:11 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 10:14:18PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n1mie at mac.com> flavor, containing:
> How come I can't get fills to work on my shapefiles? I recently downloaded
> the latest and greatest tigerline shape files (the ones named
> New_London_County.* for example) from ftp://aprs.tamu.edu/pub/TIGER_2006/.

I presume you mean the "TIGER_2006_SE" directory, which is really the latest
and greatest.  The ones in TIGER2006 only contain polyline data, and aren't
named by county, but by FIPS number.

> I've got them working and I've tweaked the dbfawk the way I want it pretty
> well. But I have a number of questions/issues.

The zip files contain both polyline and polygon shapefiles.  They contain
different features, and are rendered using different dbfawk files.  The ones
in the Polylines directory are roads and such, the ones in the Polygons
directory are the ones that could be filled.  The polylines use tgr2shp.dbfawk
and the polygons use tgr2shppoly.dbfawk.

Did you install both?