[Xastir] I have my serial port turned off again....

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net
Sat Dec 22 14:43:41 EST 2007

Hi, all.............

I have been running Xastir just fine, but I must have done something and
I don't know how to correct it.

Xastir (and GPSMan) can not read or write to the serial port in spite of
running

chmod 777 /dev/ttyS0

I usually have done this as a su before starting Xastir, but now it
don't do the trick.   In the terminal, I don't get any errors with the
chmod command.

What is new, is that I am trying to run a perl script.

Any ideas as to what I might have done and/or how to correct it?

Many thanx............... jt

--
Jim Tolbert
RiverRidge Consulting, LLC