[Xastir] Segfaults when resizing screen

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:49:49 EST 2007

Hello,

I compiled Xastir 1.92 from CVS tonight.  I mistakenly launched it from a
terminal that was logged in as root.  Everything works fine that way, but
now when I run it as a normal user, I get the segmentation fault shown below
whenever I resize the screen in any way.  If I run it as root, it still
works fine.

Could it be that since I ran it for the first time as root, it created some
files that the other users don't have permission to use?  If so, do I need
to delete and start over?

user1:$ xastir &
[1] 2952
emma:/~
user1:$

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many formats
allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
       tab   MapInfo TAB
       mid   MapInfo MID
       mif   MapInfo MIF
       ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
       rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
       s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
       dgn   MicroStation DGN

Indexing maps...
Finished indexing maps
*** Reading WX Alert log files