[Xastir] Re: Segfaults when resizing screen

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 00:51:52 EST 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 11:49 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I compiled Xastir 1.92 from CVS tonight.  I mistakenly launched it from a
> terminal that was logged in as root.  Everything works fine that way, but
> now when I run it as a normal user, I get the segmentation fault shown below
> whenever I resize the screen in any way.  If I run it as root, it still
> works fine.
>
> Could it be that since I ran it for the first time as root, it created
> some files that the other users don't have permission to use?  If so, do I
> need to delete and start over?

Well, I tried deleting everything in /usr/local/share/xastir, re-building
XASTIR in a new build directory, and re-installing, but I still had the same
problem.  When I first launched the newly compiled XASTIR, my original
config was still intact, so I guess I should have deleted more.

This was my first attempt to run XASTIR in VectorLinux 5.9 Standard.
Because the Linux installation was brand new (nothing important on it), I
decided to reinstall Vector and then download and compile XASTIR again.
This time I didn't launch XASTIR from root, and it's working just fine.  So,
problem solved, albeit the hard way.

Quick question on Shapelib - given that it is present internally, is there
any benefit to downloading it via get-maptools?

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX