[Xastir] THD7 doesn't start; Xastir hangs

Jeffrey Ferland jeff at storyinmemo.com
Thu Dec 27 19:26:34 EST 2007

I've opened screen at 9600 baud and manually confirmed that the radio
is responding to commands.
I'm operating OS X with hand-compiled Xastir.
Port is set for 9600 baud, style 8N1, setup filename tnc-startup.thd7;
shutdown file tnc-stop.thd7.

When starting the interface, Xastir locks up with no apparent
information available to assist in fixing the problem. It responds
(slowly) to CTRL+C. The radio never switches TNC modes after pressing
startup. The radio is configured as a Serial TNC (not with GPS... I
don't have it attached).

-Jeff