[Xastir] Xastir and TCP/IP over AX.25 coexistence?

Craig Anderson acraiga at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 4 20:14:18 EST 2007

Hi all,
	I sent a question like this a week or so
ago, but I evidently wasn't yet a full member
of the list so I didn't see my message go out
or any replies come back, so I'm asking it again.

I'm running Fedora Core 2 with TCP/IP over
AX.25 configured and working fine.  When
I run Xastir and turn on the TNC port my IP
traffic continues for a few seconds and then
wedges.  The Xastir access to the TNC in
KISS mode works fine, but the IP traffic is
suspended even if I shut down the Xastir
port.  I then stop and then restart the AX.25
port and the IP traffic continues with many
packets dropped.

Does anyone know a way to get Xastir to
share the AX.25 interface with TCP/IP?

Thanks very much,