[Xastir] VMWare Question

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Feb 4 19:27:38 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:24:40PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:44:55PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ka3nam at daminternet.biz> flavor, containing:
> > I'm looking for other ideas on increasing the resolution when using VMWare & Xastir. I downloaded VMWare Player and the xubuntu packace with Xastir. Everything is running on my WinXP box with 1280x1024 resolution. When I go into xubuntu display settings, the highest setting is 700x800 and that is smaller than the "default" which is about 33% of my screen. Any other ideas on what to tweak?
> >
> > Other than the smaller "screen" the VMWare/ Xastir package is REALLY cool and easy. Kudos to the person or person(s) that put it together!
>
> Oh, and once you've got it up and running, please remember to update both
> Linux and Xastir according to the directions on the HowTo:VMware wiki
> page under "Enhancing and changing the pre-built virtual machine" --- the
> Xastir that's in the virtual machine zipfile is almost two months old, and
> several security bug fixes have been made available in the Xubuntu linux
> distribution.

And another thing: please make sure to change your xastir so it uses
OpenMotif instead of lesstif.  The instructions for doing that are also
on the Xastir wiki, pointed to under the "Install A Virtual Machine"
section of the HowTo:VMware page at
<http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:VMware#Install_a_virtual_machine>