[Xastir] VMWare Question

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Feb 4 19:24:40 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:44:55PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ka3nam at daminternet.biz> flavor, containing:
> I'm looking for other ideas on increasing the resolution when using VMWare & Xastir. I downloaded VMWare Player and the xubuntu packace with Xastir. Everything is running on my WinXP box with 1280x1024 resolution. When I go into xubuntu display settings, the highest setting is 700x800 and that is smaller than the "default" which is about 33% of my screen. Any other ideas on what to tweak?
>
> Other than the smaller "screen" the VMWare/ Xastir package is REALLY cool and easy. Kudos to the person or person(s) that put it together!

Oh, and once you've got it up and running, please remember to update both
Linux and Xastir according to the directions on the HowTo:VMware wiki
page under "Enhancing and changing the pre-built virtual machine" --- the
Xastir that's in the virtual machine zipfile is almost two months old, and
several security bug fixes have been made available in the Xubuntu linux
distribution.