[Xastir] Xastir and TCP/IP over AX.25 coexistence?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 5 10:22:53 EST 2007

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Lance Cotton wrote:

> Just a sanity check - is your Xastir TNC "interface" type "AX25 TNC
> Radio" or are you using "Serial KISS TNC"?
>
> It should be AX25 TNC Radio. I am using this configuration and it works
> great for TCP/IP and Xastir/APRS side by side.

Just curious, who's running TCP/IP and APRS on the same channel?  Or
perhaps you have an MKISS TNC and so have multiple ports/radios tied
to the same serial interface?

For some places in Europe I've heard it's accepted to run APRS
alongside other protocols, and for non-144.39 frequencies it's just
fine in the U.S. and Canda.  I'd be wary of running connected mode
packets or even unconnected mode TCP packets on the main APRS
frequency.  You're liable to get shot by the locals.