[Xastir] inf2geo.pl returns an error

Norm, VK3XCI vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Mon Feb 5 20:58:24 EST 2007

G'day all,
Noob so please be gentle!

Briefly, when I try to run the inf2geo.pl script I get the following error.

>> root at norm-linux:/usr/share/xastir/maps/Local# /usr/lib/xastir/inf2geo.pl mildura-ne250.inf
>> *** mildura-ne250.inf ***
>> Image file not found for mildura-ne250, maybe be a case problem
>> root at norm-linux:/usr/share/xastir/maps/Local#

I know the mildura-ne250.gif file is there. I have tried both upper
and lower case iterations. The script seems to dump at the FindImageFile
subroutine. It is either not finding or loading the mildura-ne250.gif
into the required variable,

> sub findImageFile {
>>     $filename = shift;
>>     @extensions = ("gif", "bmp", "jpg", "png", "emf");
>>     foreach $xtn (@extensions) {
>> 	$try_filename = "$filename.$xtn";
>> #	print "Looking for $try_filename\n";
>> 	$string = `identify -ping $try_filename 2>/dev/null`;
>> 	if ($string ne "") {
>> 	    $filename = $try_filename;
>> 	    $image_size = $string;
>> 	}
>>     }
>>     if ($image_size eq "") {
>> 	print "Image file not found for $filename, maybe be a case problem\n" ;
>> 	return;

I have uncommented the
  >>	 print "looking for $try_filename"
and it appears to work to that point. I don't know what the next line
does but it appears to fail there, resulting in $image_size being empty.

I sent the .gif and .inf to Andrew VK4TEC, it worked ok for hin so no
prob with the files. I think Andrew runs Debian, but not sure

Went to Ron's VK2ECV, wouldn't run there. Ron and I both use Ubuntu
Linux. Ron 5.xx mine 6.xx

Could the problem lie in the script or the Perl environment?

What other details do you need?

--
de VK3XCI
Norm in Mildura, QF15bt