[Xastir] Maps and ImageMagick

Norm, VK3XCI vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Tue Feb 6 04:55:01 EST 2007

I'm a noob, be gentle!

A Question for the cognoscenti. (The only dumb question is one you don't
ask!)

The solution to inf2geo.pl not running was the missing "identify"
routine/program (from ImageMagick)

I downloaded and installed said ImageMagic and now all is well!

the question is... did I need the whole package, or could the the
routine have been included at compile time... ie compiled in? I don't
have a great understanding of the compile process.

Both Xastir and ImageMagick came as binaries from the Ubuntu
repositories, maybe I should have compiled it myself?

--
de VK3XCI
Norm in Mildura, QF15bt