[Xastir] Maps and ImageMagick

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 6 22:35:04 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Richard, N6NKO wrote:

> In ImageMagick, the command is: "display ..."
> In GraphicsMagick, the command is "gm display ..."
>
> So if there is going to be dependency checking and compensation, then there
> will have to be two separate command lines with which one being called based
> which package is installed. Myself, I have both installed.

As far as Xastir proper, all that dependency checking is already
done.  It looks for GM first, if not found, it looks for IM.  That
was completed back in december I think.

The stuff I did today had to do with the inf2geo.pl script using the
"identify" function from IM.  It now tries "gm identify -ping"
first, then "identify -ping" next, before giving up.

Perhaps there's another place where the scripts use IM that I need
to also fix in this manner.  I did a grep for "identify" but didn't
do one for "display".  I'll do that.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer