[Xastir] Davis weather station install

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 11 14:45:07 EST 2007

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, Steve Friis wrote:

> OK, I might be missing it, but I am not finding instructions to install this
> weather station. Is there a concise step-by-step somewhere I am missing?

I haven't installed a Davis, but a Lacrosse station which should be
a similar setup (MySQL, separate shim program like the Davis, etc)
is on my TODO list.

If you have the Davis talking to the weather program and the MySQL
database, then you should be able to start the shim program (from
the "Davis" directory that you compiled) and then create a
"Networked WX" interface in Xastir to talk to it.

I _believe_ it works something like this:

*) Meteo grabs data from the weather station and sends it to the
   database.
*) The Davis shim program grabs the data from the database and makes
   it available at a socket.
*) Xastir connects to that socket to get the weather data.

The Lacross support works in a similar manner.

If the docs in the Davis directory are not complete, let us know
what's missing and we'll get that fixed.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer