[Xastir] SSID = 10 not showing trailing zero?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 12 16:07:37 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Norm, VK3XCI wrote:

> Xastir 1.7.1, running on Ubuntu
>
> When I do File > Configure > Station > Callsign and enter VK3XCI-10 (for
> TCP/IP station), The resultant callsign displayed is VK3XCI-1     no
> trailing zero!
>
> Am I doing something stupid here? -11, -12 etc show up ok, just no
> trailing zero for -10

I can think of a couple of things:

*) Your fonts.

Try changing some of them.   I don't recall whether
Map->Configure->Map Labels Font will change the station fonts or
not.  It might require changing Xastir sources and recompiling.

*) Your LANG setting.

What does "echo $LANG" show you?  You might need to do "export
LANG=C xastir &" on startup, or "export LANG=en_US xastir &".

The printf/fprint/sprintf/scanf/fscanf functions change based on the
LANG setting.  Unfortunately those are the functions we use to
save/restore the config file.

You didn't mention _where_ you were seeing the incorrect callsign.
Was it on the maps?  If so, does File->Configure->Station still have
the correct callsign?  If so it's a fonts problem.