[Xastir] SSID = 10 not showing trailing zero?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Feb 13 00:33:39 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:53:34PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <rtg at aapsc.com> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, vk3xci at aanet.com.au wrote:
>

> >Ummm
> >Does this list top post or bottom post? I'm sure someone will put me right!
>
> Interleaved posting is most preferred, snipping the old unimportant parts.
> >
> >No real reason for the ancient build, other than that was the version on
> >the Ubuntu repository at the time. I'm not up to doing my own build just
> >yet. small steps first!
> >
>  I'm running the same version, for basically the same reason.  I did
> compile it once, I think on a SuSE system.  It took me two days to get all
> the libraries in order.  I switched to ubuntu so I could be lazy and just
> use apt-get.  Now I'm spoiled and getting lazier...

Once you get the libraries installed you can stay up-to-date very easily.
Ubuntu/Debian's apt-get set-up makes getting the libraries very easy, it
amounts to about two lines of "apt-get install" commands.  Please see
the xastir wiki, "HowTo:Ubuntu 6.10" for details.  The wiki's at www.xastir.org
under "Xastir Documentation"

>   I tried changing my callsign from N8BJX to N8BJX-10, and when I closed
> the configure window and looked on the map, my callsign displayed as '5'!
> I tried displlaying station info, and it didn't show my callsign, but
> listed '5' as a 'tactical call'.  Go Figure!  Needless to say, I changed
> it back real  quick...

Using a build from yesterday on Ubuntu, I see no such problem when changing
my call to KM5VY-10.