[Xastir] SSID = 10 not showing trailing zero?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Feb 12 23:53:34 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, vk3xci at aanet.com.au wrote:

> Ummm
> Does this list top post or bottom post? I'm sure someone will put me right!

Interleaved posting is most preferred, snipping the old unimportant parts.

> No real reason for the ancient build, other than that was the version on
> the Ubuntu repository at the time. I'm not up to doing my own build just
> yet. small steps first!

  I'm running the same version, for basically the same reason.  I did
compile it once, I think on a SuSE system.  It took me two days to get all
the libraries in order.  I switched to ubuntu so I could be lazy and just
use apt-get.  Now I'm spoiled and getting lazier...

>>> When I do File > Configure > Station > Callsign and enter VK3XCI-10 (for
>>> TCP/IP station), The resultant callsign displayed is VK3XCI-1     no
>>> trailing zero!

   I tried changing my callsign from N8BJX to N8BJX-10, and when I closed
the configure window and looked on the map, my callsign displayed as '5'!
I tried displlaying station info, and it didn't show my callsign, but
listed '5' as a 'tactical call'.  Go Figure!  Needless to say, I changed
it back real  quick...

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin