[Xastir] Xastir hangs when changing form fields

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Feb 15 08:59:47 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 08:38:31AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <huston at srhuston.net> flavor, containing:
> On 2/15/07 6:40 AM, Richard Murnane wrote:
> > Here's the problem: I'm running Xastir under Mac OSX; when I try to
> > change a field on one of the dialogs (eg File -> Configure -> Station)
> > the application hangs.

[...]
> I've also noticed, since the last build (perhaps the one before that as
> well) that the option boxes in the send message dialog for selecting a
> D7, D700 or HamHud are all greyed out and cannot be selected.  Unrelated
> I'm sure, since the crashes happened before this, but still a "wha?"
> that I kept forgetting to ask :>

I think that means you're built against lesstif instead of openmotif.

It turned out that lesstif could crash hard if you switched those buttons
while the window was open.  So they're now disabled if lesstif is being used.
As I recall, the issue was that lesstif has bugs related to adding or
deleting widgets while a window is open.

The other crashes could be lesstif related.  Can xastir be built with
openmotif on OS X?