[Xastir] rattlesnakes

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Thu Feb 15 11:07:42 EST 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Peter Maxfield wrote:

> command before I start xastir.  However, when I enable the voice, all I get
> are rattlesnake noises, no speech or voice.
>
> Checking in the terminal window I see a possible problem:
>
> When xastir starts and just after the message that says done with wx alert
> log files I get the message
>
> Interface Error! Error opening interface 0 time out

   This refers to the TNC or internet interface.  Check your interface
control dialog to see how Device 0 is configured...

> Once Xastir is running, I get multiple
>
> sh: play: not found

   'play' is a utility used to play pre-recorded sound files.  It's not
used for festival, which is a text-to-speech synthesizer.  On my Kubuntu
system, it's part of the 'sox' package, so `sudo apt-get install sox` will
take care of that...

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin